Snack Media (Snack) is delighted to announce that it is shortlisted in the “Retail – Online and Offline” category of the Campaign Media Awards, along with OMD UK and Drum agencies, for the GAME Deadline Deals campaign.
Snack’s knowledge of sports fans and publishers allowed its team to create a unique digital campaign which saw them create, produce, shoot and edit a series of short viral clips spoofing the biannual football tradition Transfer Deadline Day. All of this was then hosted on a bespoke hubsite, which also included fan engagement tools, content carousels and a social media aggregator, which added to the ‘GAME Deadline Deals’ experience.
During the campaign, visitors could interact with and enjoy:
- Real-time branded short viral videos and interviews throughout Black Friday
- Branded microsite where consumers could learn about and purchase Black Friday deals
- Eye-catching social media campaign that rewarded engaged followers with a chance to win prizes.
- Sponsored social media aggregators, deals totalisers and fan polls that kept followers up to date on all new deal released.
This campaign measured success in a number of ways which include:
- Over 74 million social media impressions in just five days across the campaign
- 18 million of which were from Snack Media’s owned, operated and partner channels alone.
- Over 3 millions display impressions,
- 2 million impressions on the ticker engagement tool
- 13.5 million unique page views around the supported editorial content.
The Campaign Media Awards recognise agencies and media owners who are driving change for their clients and transforming the industry for the better.
Other campaigns in the category include:
- Initiative – Amazon Black Friday Programmatic OOH
- MediaCom – Food Love Stories
- Metro and Mail Advertising – Lidl Surprises
- Manning Gottlieb OMD – MG OMD and John Lewis – Advertising as Entertainment
The Award Winners will be announced during a ceremony on Thursday 12 April 2018 at the prestigious London Hilton.