– GiveMeSport writer, focusing on original transfer stories
– Competitive pay (dependent on experience)
– Work from home with occasional office visits (London)
– Starting December
GiveMeSport are offering a unique opportunity to work with some of the biggest names in the football journalism industry and generate original stories for an audience of over 12.5m visitors per month.
Since the start of the summer transfer window, GMS has worked with the likes of Fabrizio Romano, Dharmesh Sheth, Dean Jones, Christian Falk, Keith Downie and Michael Bridge to generate bespoke editorial content that has been picked up by major news outlets, created buzz on social media and featured in the BBC Gossip column.
We are now looking for a new addition to the team that can build rapports with highly established, trusted journalists to generate quote-driven content.
You can view examples of the types of content you’ll create here.
– Work to a quota of eight articles per shift, consisting of at least 400 words each
– Market and format your content to ensure best performance on Google Discover and
– Reach out to journalists and conduct regular interviews with them to generate a wealth of engaging news lines
– Work closely with team-members in proof-reading partnerships and weekly ideas meetings
Essential skills required
– Excellent writing and proof-reading ability
– In-depth knowledge of Premier League football, the transfer market and the journalism industry
– At least three years’ experience within the football writing industry
– Experience publishing content on NewsNow in accordance with their guidelines
– Experience interviewing high-profile figures within football
– The confidence and communication skills to initiate, build and maintain relationships with well-established journalists
Additional skills desired
– In-depth knowledge of foreign leagues (La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A, Ligue 1) or the EFL
– Fluency in a foreign language (Spanish, French, German, Italian or Portuguese)
– Connections within the football journalism industry to help open new doors to the GMS team
– Contacts within football that can be leveraged to create your own transfer exclusives
How to apply
If you believe you’d be an ideal candidate for the above role, please send a CV (in pdf format) illustrating your suitability to Christy@Snack-Media.com, alongside a portfolio or alternative access to examples of your work.