Freelance Staff Writer
– Staff Writer
– Competitive salary
About Snack Media
Snack Media is the UK’s largest independent sports network engaging with more than 40M fans each month. Founded over 10 years ago from a single podcast, we now have over 400 sites and channels focusing on sport within the network.
The largest sports Facebook page in the world with over 26M fans across social media. Covering all sports with a strong focus on football and combat sports we produce leading original video, imagery and editorial content 24/7.
Role and Responsibilities:
– You will source potential sharable content that our huge audience of sports fans on Facebook will engage with.
– You will publish between 3-5 articles per shift depending on your agreed quota.
– You may be asked to write content assigned to you by a senior member of the editorial team.
– You will suggest potential content ideas to senior members of the editorial team.
– You will create eye-catching and intriguing Facebook posts for your content.
– You will live and breathe football and be required to stay on top of trends in the sporting world at all times.
– Excellent writing ability and communication skills are essential
– In-depth knowledge of football (and not just the Premier League!) combined with a genuine love for the game.
– The ability to write about other sports (in particular boxing, UFC, WWE, darts, snooker, gaming and/or F1).
– The knack of being quick to spot fresh viral content and consideration for how we might use this as the basis for a shareable link post on Facebook.
– A strong understanding of all social media platforms – in particular Facebook, Twitter and Reddit.
– An understanding of NewsNow would also be beneficial, as would an understanding of SEO best practices.
– It would also be a bonus if you have experience using WordPress’s CMS.
– A strong desire to learn and develop your skills.
– The job will require weekend and evening working and can be home or office based.
If this sounds like you and you’re looking for your next opportunity we’d love to hear from you asap!
Please send your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com outlying why you are right for this role.